Contact Us Today!
Bryan-College Station Car Accident Lawyer
What Are Your Rights After Being Injured in a Car Accident?
A car accident is a broad term used to describe any type of traffic collision. In Texas, all traffic collisions are covered by the Texas Personal Injury Act. This means that any person who is injured in a car accident is entitled to file a claim for compensation from the at-fault driver's insurance company.
The main difference between a car accident and a car crash is in the severity of the accident. A car crash is typically used to describe an accident that results in serious injuries or fatalities. However, even a minor car accident can cause significant injuries that require medical treatment and take time to heal.
If you've been injured in a car accident or crash due to someone else's negligence, you have the right to seek compensation for your injuries, property damage, and other losses.
Your rights include:
- The right to medical treatment: You have the right to receive appropriate medical care for your injuries, even if you don't have insurance.
- The right to legal representation: You have the right to consult with and hire an attorney to represent you in your car accident claim.
- The right to compensation: You have the right to pursue compensation from the at-fault party for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
- The right to a fair trial: If your case goes to court, you have the right to a fair trial.
What to Do After a Car Accident
When the unplanned happens to you, call Paradowski Law. We’re here to help.
Anyone who has faced a claim following a car crash knows it’s not easy. Calling the insurance company and being placed on hold for hours at a time; leaving messages and waiting for a call back; or dealing with an arrogant, unsympathetic insurance adjuster.
Each of these headaches alone causes heartache, stress, and mental anguish, all while medical bills, doctor appointments and time lost from work continue to mount. Call our Bryan-College Station auto accident attorney and let us take over.
Some of the most common car accident cases we handle include:
- Car collisions
- Rideshare accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Car vs. motorcycle collisions
- Car vs. truck collisions
- Car vs. pedestrian collisions
- Car vs. bicycle collisions
- Car accidents caused by defective products
- Car accidents caused by road conditions
What you do in the aftermath of a car accident can be critical to your claim. It is important to take the necessary steps to protect your rights and provide as much supporting evidence as possible.
These steps can include:
- Check for injuries: Assess your own injuries and those of others involved in the accident. Call 911 if anyone requires immediate medical attention.
- Move to safety: If possible, move your vehicle to a safe location away from traffic.
- Call the police: Report the accident to the police and cooperate with their investigation. Do not admit guilt. Give facts only.
- Gather information: Exchange information with the other driver(s) involved, including their name, contact information, insurance details, and license plate number. Also, take photos of the accident scene, damage to the vehicles, and any injuries.
- Obtain witness information: If there are any witnesses, collect their contact information as well.
- Seek medical attention: Even if your injuries seem minor, it's important to see a doctor as soon as possible after the accident. By doing so, it verifies your injuries through medical reports.
- Notify your insurance company: Inform your insurance company about the accident as soon as possible.
- Consult with an attorney: Speak with an experienced car accident attorney to discuss your rights and legal options.
What Is the Process for Filing a Car Accident Claim in Texas?
In Texas, the process for filing a car accident claim involves several steps. Our firm can take on the legal burden of processing your accident claim.
These steps include:
- Notify the at-fault driver's insurance company: The other driver's insurance company must be notified about the accident and your intention to file a claim.
- Gather evidence: All relevant documentation, such as medical records, police reports, photographs of the accident scene, witness testimony, and any other information must be assembled to build your claim.
- Submit a demand letter: Our attorney will draft a demand letter outlining your damages and the compensation you are seeking. This letter is sent to the at-fault driver's insurance company.
- Negotiate a settlement: We will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to reach a fair settlement agreement.
- File a lawsuit: If a settlement cannot be reached, we may recommend filing a lawsuit against the at-fault driver. In Texas, you generally have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit.
Insurance companies know us. They know our auto accident lawyer in Bryan-College Station has the resources to get what you deserve. We keep insurance companies on a short leash and demand they accept responsibility and pay damages or answer to their own insured for a lawsuit that’s filed against the negligent driver.
Compensation Available in Car Accident Claims
Depending on the specifics of your case, you may be entitled to various types of damages, including:
- Medical expenses: Compensation for past and future medical bills related to your injuries.
- Lost wages: Reimbursement for lost income and reduced earning capacity due to your injuries.
- Property damage: Compensation for repairs or replacement of your damaged vehicle and other personal property.
- Pain and suffering: Monetary compensation for the physical pain and emotional distress caused by the accident.
Other damages may be available. At Paradowski Law, our Bryan-College Station car accident lawyer can advise you on this matter after a thorough investigation of your situation.